1. Who we are
6 Redwing Court
Willow Farm Business Park
Or you can email us: email@example.com
Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd collects and uses personal data relating to you such as name, address, email addresses etc when you complete online booking forms or send emails to us. We may also record telephone calls made to telephone numbers included on our website.
All of the personal data we obtain about you is used for the purposes of administering your account and providing you with services relevant to the Inspecting and collecting vehicles.
We process personal data on the following legal grounds:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract, this will cover the majority of the processing we undertake with regards to providing you with the products and services requested from us and administering your account.
We have a policy of only retaining your personal data for as long as we need it. We will retain personal data for as long as you have an active account with us and for as long as we are legally required to retain it once your account is closed.
3. Disclosures and Transfers
Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd will or may pass your personal information on to the following recipients:
- Employees and contractors of Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd
- Third Party Suppliers operating on our behalf where necessary to provide you with the services you have requested
4. How we store, send and manage your data.
All our operating systems are controlled and managed by TAAP Ltd who can be contacted at the below address.
Kinetic Business Centre,
Client Application Environment
The client application environment for the TAAP Field Force solution utilises TAAP Forms. TAAP Forms is a native WinRT Application that is used on remote devices as a digital data capture tool. The application is configured using a native scripting language that drives the desired UI and data capture controls required by the solution. Data that is captured by the end users using TAAP Forms is stored locally and secured using 128 bit AES encryption. Data communicated to the TAAP Cloud Connect server component from TAAP Forms is securely transmitted bi-directionally through web services using SHA 256 bit TLS encryption.
Azure Server Environment
TAAP Cloud Connect is a data transaction middleware component that processes and stores data bi-directionally from both customer back-office systems and TAAP Portal (where an integration and/or portal has been implemented) and TAAP Forms. Data communicated from TAAP Cloud Connect to TAAP Forms is securely transmitted bi-directionally through web services using SHA 256 bit TLS encryption. Data communicated from TAAP Cloud Connect to customer back-office systems and/or TAAP Portal is securely transmitted bi-directionally through web services using SHA 256 bit TLS encryption. Data is transacted using TAAP Cloud Connect hosted on Microsoft Azure using Microsoft SQL Server. This is a store and forward service managed on a transit database. The Microsoft Azure Cloud environment is SO/IEC 27017:2015 Certified
TAAP operate and manage a private subscription of Microsoft Azure that is accessible by a total of three named administration accounts within the organisation. The three named accounts represent the roles of technical Director and two senior developers. The named accounts strictly adhere to the company’s password policy. Azure accounts used to access the application components, databases and Azure Management console are authenticated through the TAAP instance of Azure Active Directory. TAAP’s Azure instance is IP restricted and accessible only from end points assigned an IP from within the TAAP assigned range (requiring pre authentication with TAAP’s Azure Active Directory).Each customer database is deployed within its own instance of SQL Server and configured SQL accounts are only given rights to each individual instance. Application server components use instance specific SQL authenticated accounts with read/write access in order to process data
5. Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd processes relating to you. Where you exercise these rights, Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd will provide information to you as to what action has been taken, if any, within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. Where no action has been taken, Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd will explain our reasons why, taking into account the complexity and number of requests, it may take Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd up to 90 calendar days to respond to your request. Where Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd intend to extend the deadline for responding, you will be informed within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request.
5.1 Right of Access
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd hold about you.
5.2 Rights in relation to inaccurate personal information
Where personal information that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd holds about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that those inaccuracies are rectified. Taking into account the purposes for which the personal information is processed, you also have the right to have incomplete personal information about you completed.
5.3 Right to erasure
In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to request that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd erase personal information relating to you that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd hold. This right only applies if any one of the following circumstances applies:
- Where Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd no longer require the personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained or otherwise used.
- Where the processing is based on your consent, that consent has been withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Where the personal information have been unlawfully processed.
- Where Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd are required to erase the personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
5.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have contested the accuracy of the personal information. In this case the processing of the personal information will be restricted for a period which enables Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd to verify the accuracy of the personal information in question.
- Where the processing of the personal information is unlawful and you have objected to the information being erased and have instead requested the restriction of its use.
- Where you have objected to the processing of your personal information. In this case, processing of your personal information will be restricted pending verification of whether our legitimate grounds for continuing to process your personal information override your grounds for objecting.
Where processing of your personal information is restricted for any of the reasons above Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd will not process it, with the exception of storage, unless:
- You have provided your consent,
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- For the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or
- For reasons of important public interest.
Where Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd have agreed to restrict the processing of your personal information, we will write to you to inform you that we will be lifting that restriction prior to doing so.
5.5 Right to data portability
This right only applies in the following circumstances:
- Where the personal information in question consists of information you have provided to Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd,
- Where the grounds for processing the personal information stated in section 2 above are consent, explicit consent or for the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and
- The processing of the personal information is carried via automated means.
Where this right applies, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to transmit that information to another data controller or, where possible, directly from Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd to another controller.
5.6 Right to object to processing
You have the following rights in relation to objecting to the processing of your personal information by Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd:
- You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing, and
- The right to object specifically to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
5.6.1 Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation. This only applies where the grounds for processing are:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party, or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
5.7 Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Where you believe that Vehicle Quality Solutions Ltd has failed to properly comply with its obligations in respect of your personal information, including your rights as set out in section 3.1-3.7 above, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Information Commissioner’s Office’s address is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
You can find more information about their role and how to submit a complaint on their website: www.ico.org.uk.